How Much Do Commercial Cleaning Services Cost?
No matter what type of business you run, it is important to maintain a professional, welcoming appearance. A big part of that is ensuring that your office or building remains clean on a daily basis. This can be difficult to manage with all of the other tasks required to keep a business running, but luckily commercial cleaning services are there to help.
Choosing a Company
As you look between commercial cleaning services, you'll notice that there are small, local companies and larger national companies. Both come with advantages and disadvantages depending on your needs, but as long as the company you're considering is experienced, either choice should be able to work for you
In general, expect national companies to offer more advanced equipment, as well as more allergy and eco-friendly methods and products. Local companies typically have a stronger community presence, but might not have the same flexibility larger services offer.
Regardless of the type of cleaning company you choose, it is important to first identify your cleaning needs. Consider the type of cleaning you want to be done, any special services you might need, and how often you want cleanings performed. Be realistic about your needs; there is no sense in scheduling nightly deep cleanings if it isn't necessary or in your budget.
Talk to multiple different services to get an assessment of all your options. As you do, think about the following:
- Background checks: It is recommended to see proof of any background checks a cleaning service may have done, as well as the results of drug tests required of its staff.
- Certification and insurance: A cleaning service should have bond certification and insurance that covers any damage and its employees.
- Live representatives: Whatever company you choose should offer the ability to speak to a live representative about any questions or concerns you have.
- References and reviews: Ask prospective companies for references to get an idea of the quality of cleaning and customer service they offer. It is also recommended to read through available reviews and ask owners of similar businesses about their experience with the cleaning company.
How Much Does a Commercial Cleaning Service Cost?
Commercial cleaning service costs depend on the size of your building, type of cleaning you want to be done, frequency of the cleanings, and the company you choose. What follows is a general pricing guide to provide an idea of what you can expect to pay for commercial cleaning services:
- Some cleaning services charge by the square foot, at an average cost between $0.05 and $0.20 per square foot, with larger buildings typically paying less per square foot.
- A 10,000 square foot office has an average cleaning cost between $0.10 and $0.15 per square foot.
- A 50,000 square foot office has an average cleaning cost between $0.05 and $0.10 per square foot.
- Cleaning companies that charge by the hour have an average cost between $20 and $50 per hour, depending on the level of services provided.
- Other services charge a flat monthly rate based on the size of your building or office and the type of services provided. The average cleaning cost of a small office is between $500 and $800 per month. Large offices may cost as much as between $2,000 and $5,000 per month.
Many companies require you to sign a contract that locks you in for one to three years. Always be sure that everything in the contract is understood, the contract contains only what you have agreed upon, and that there is a clause allowing you to cancel if services are not up to the agreed standards.
Commercial Cleaning Services Offered
Commercial cleaners offer a broad range of services to suit a wide variety of needs. Common daily or regular cleaning services include:
- Bathroom maintenance (mopping, scrubbing, and replenishing toiletries)
- Desk cleaning
- Interior window washing
- Sweeping and mopping
- Trash removal
Most commercial cleaning services also offer special services in addition to these regular tasks, though they often come at an additional cost. Special services often include:
- Carpet extracting
- Dusting ceilings and lights
- Exterior window washing
- Grouting Tile
- Maintaining hvac equipment and systems
- Parking lot cleaning
- Pressure washing the exterior of the building
There are also cleaning services that specialize in specific industries. While most companies work across many fields, certain facilities (such as hospitals) require very particular methods that must be done by trained professionals. If you require a specialized cleaning company, be sure its staff has the necessary training on how to clean your environment.
The right cleaning company for you will be flexible and able to provide the services you need. Look for a company that has experience in cleaning your type of building or has serviced others in your industry. It is important that the service you choose is able to work with your business's schedule. Also, consider if you need allergy-friendly or green methods used. Many companies offer this, so don't be afraid to go to another if one of your options says no.