cost and reviews.
How Much Does a Neopost Postage Meter Cost?
For more than 90 years, Neopost has produced a broad range of mailing and shipping products. Today, the company is the number one producer of mailing and shipping products in Europe and the second largest in the world. Neopost prides itself on providing high-performance, reliable products.
About Neopost USA
Though initially founded as Neopost Ltd in the United Kingdom in 1924, the company created the brand name Neopost UK in 1935. Since then, Neopost has grown to be a global company, founding the Neopost Group in 1992. The company strives to support organizations in how they receive and send business goods and information through comprehensive solutions and service. Neopost is proud to be a global leader of mail, logistics, and communications solutions.
Neopost Product Lines
Neopost offers several different postage meters split into three categories: low-volume, mid-volume, and high-volume. Each category describes how many pieces per minute (ppm) the unit processes. Some of the postage meters in these categories include:
Low-Volume Postage Meters
- IS-280 iMeter: Designed for offices that only produce a small amount of mail, the IS-280 offers a convenient way to send out business mail. Rather than heading to the post office, simply refill your funds directly on the machine. The IS-280 processes up to 18 pieces per minute.
- IN-360 Postage Meter: Perfect for growing businesses, this postage meter comes with an integrated scale that allows you to apply the correct postage to each and every piece of mail you send. The IN-360 processes up to 45 pieces per minute.
Mid-Volume Postage Meters
- IN-600 Series Mailing Systems: This series of postage meter gives you access to a suite of apps and services designed to make the mailing process easier, such as expense managing and Postal Service rate apps. It is available with auto-feed technology (IN-600 AF) or as a power assisted hand-feed model (IN-600 HF). The IN-600 AF processes up to 110 pieces per minute and the IN-600 HF processes up to 75 pieces per minute.
- IN-700 Series Mailing Systems: Perfect for mid-size companies or those that don’t process a huge amount of mail, the IN-700 offers two different processing speeds to fit your needs. The IN-700 has a built-in scale that allows you to apply the correct amount of postage every time and a touchscreen that provides simple navigation. It processes up to 140 pieces per minute in standard mode and up to 75 pieces per minute in dynamic weighing mode.
High-Volume Postage Meters
- IS-5000/6000 Mailing Systems: Ideal for companies that send out a large quantity of mail, the IS-5000/6000 mailing systems offer high-speed mailing and intuitive controls. All mail is automatically weighed, sealed, and stacked in minutes. These systems have a conveyor to move mail through faster, a high-capacity mixed mail feeder, and an optional dynamic scale. The IS-5000/6000 mailing systems process up to 300 pieces per minute, depending on your settings.
How Much Do Neopost Postage Meters Cost?
Postage meter costs are largely determined by any add-ons you choose and the machine itself. Here is a general pricing guide to give you an idea of what you can expect to pay for your Neopost postage meter:
- Low-volume postage meters from Neopost have an average yearly rental cost between $150 and $500.
- Mid-volume postage meters from Neopost have an average yearly rental cost between $500 and $1,500.
- High-volume postage meters from Neopost have an average yearly rental cost between $1,500 and $11,000.
Additional Postage Meter Costs
The cost of the postage meter itself is important, but don’t forget about the additional costs that come with a postage meter. Consider the expense of replacing inks, labels and tape; it doesn’t seem like a lot but those costs can add up. Also important to remember is the cost of refilling your postage funds and the fees that come with resetting postage rates. Other costs include insuring the postage meter, property taxes on equipment, and add-ons or services above what the machine comes with.
If you are looking to lower these additional costs, there are some steps you can take. Try to get as much of your supplies as possible from an office-supply store as opposed to the provider of the postage meter. Be sure to ask if your meter needs special ink (often available only through the provider) to see if you can purchase it elsewhere. Envelopes, paper, and other materials should be easy to obtain from standard office-supply store, but make sure you are able to use materials outside of those offered by the postage meter provider.