cost and reviews.
How Much Do Office Cubicles Cost?
Office cubicles are an important and integral part of every office. They offer an easy way to give workers their own space, while still allowing for open communication. And cubicles now are better than ever, with plenty of modern designs that provide increased comfort and productivity.
Office cubicles are a cost efficient way to give your employees a certain amount of privacy that also helps cut down on distractions while still encouraging collaboration. There are many companies that have chosen cubicles in lieu of (or as a replacement for) more traditional offices and unpartitioned, shared spaces.
Cubicles come in three basic heights; low (about 42″ high), medium (about 54″ high), and tall (60″ or higher).
- Low cubicle walls allow for easier communication between workers, as well as making it easier for supervisors to observe their teams.
- Medium-sized walls provide greater privacy but still let workers stand to communicate with one another.
- Tall cubicle walls maximize privacy and noise-reduction, but come at a higher price.
There are also cubicle kits that come in tiles as opposed to complete walls. These give you greater customization options as to sizes and styles.
There are also a variety of options for cubicle colors and materials. Nearly any color option is possible, letting you match the coloring of your cubicles to the logo of your company or the aesthetic you are looking to achieve. The same goes for materials, with desks available in fabric, formica, metal, or wood and walls available in fabric, glass, and wood.
Benefits of Using Cubicles
Office cubicles offer a host of benefits to both employees and employers. Some of those benefits include:
- Increased productivity: While cubicles do provide more privacy than an open workspace, they do not provide total privacy. When colleagues and managers are able to easily see what others are working on, or not working on, employees are less likely to slack off. This leads to a decrease in non-work related tasks at the office and an increase in overall productivity
- Enhanced insight: Unlike a private office, cubicles place employees right next to each other and let them communicate easily. This allows employees to get different perspectives on their assignments, giving them the opportunity to look at things in a new light. In addition, people from different departments are often seated next to each other, which lets employees give and receive information from varying perspectives.
- Personal expression: Some workers feel that cubicles take away their individuality and make them just another name tag. The reality is that cubicles let employees utilize desk and wall space to express themselves and make the office feel like a slice of home.
How Much Does an Office Cubicle Cost?
It is difficult to determine an exact cost for office cubicles, as the price is influenced by factors such as integrated features, the materials the cubicle is made from, and the number of cubicles needed. That being said, what follows is a general pricing guideline to provide an idea of what you can expect to pay for office cubicles.
- New cubicles start at an average cost of $500, but can cost as much as $10,000 depending on the materials used
- A standard 8’x8′ cubicle costs between $1,500 and $2,500
- High-end cubicles can cost anywhere between $5,000 and $10,000
- A mid-height space-saver cubicle with integrated electrical plugs and a pedestal file from Cube Solutions has an average cost between $1,500 and $2,000
- The same cubicle from Cube Solutions in a set of four has an average cost between $5,000 and $6,000
- The Bush Furniture Office Computer Desk Cubicle set, made from high-end materials such as slate and wood, has an average cost between $8,000 and $9,000
Note that these prices do not include delivery, installation, or taxes. Make sure that the dealer you purchase through provides a quote that includes all associated expenses. Also remember that the more cubicles you purchase at a time, the lower the individual cost.
Additional Considerations When Buying Office Cubicles
When purchasing office cubicles, there are a few things that are important to keep in mind.
- Don’t rush the process. Take your time to research brands, sizes, and styles.
- Ask questions and look into multiple dealers to make sure you get the best fit for your business at the best price.
- You also need to consider the growth of your company. If you think you are going to expand in the next five years, take that into account when purchasing your cubicles.