cost and reviews.
How Much Does it Cost to Lease a Bobcat Mini Excavator?
Mini excavators from Bobcat are a great way to improve your productivity and streamline your workflow. Also known as compact excavators, these machines pack a surprising amount of power and are frequently used for demolition and digging applications.
Why Lease a Bobcat Mini Excavator?
Leasing a Bobcat mini excavator is a cost-efficient, flexible way to get high-quality equipment for your business. A lease involves fewer upfront costs, flexible contract terms, and low monthly payments. Some of the benefits of leasing Bobcat equipment include:
- Less risk: A multitude of repair costs are covered by the mini excavator warranty. In addition, planned maintenance contracts are available to help minimize maintenance expenses. Low monthly payments also make it easier to afford warranty coverage that provides a little extra protection, ensuring that maintenance and repair costs are covered for you whenever possible.
- Newest models: Leasing Bobcat mini excavators grants you access to the latest and greatest equipment that the company has to offer. This includes the newest models and features at a lower upfront cost than outright purchasing.
- No down payment: Unlike with some other companies and equipment, Bobcat does not require a down payment, which give your business more monetary flexibility. This drastically reduces your upfront costs.
Choosing a Bobcat Mini Excavator
There are certain things you should look for when choosing your Bobcat mini excavator. Start by taking a look at the power the machine has to offer. This isn’t the only thing you should consider, but if there are multiple models at similar price points, it is a good idea to heavily consider the one that offers more power.
The controls and setup of the machine should be comfortable and easy to operate. Operators often spend long hours in a mini excavator, so it is important that the controls are simple to understand and that the cab offers comfort. Also look at the attachments that come with the excavator, as well as additional attachments that are compatible with it. Different attachments may lend themselves to other tasks, extending the use and applicability of the machine.
Tail swing is another important consideration. Mini excavators are available either as tail swing (also called conventional house) models or zero-tail swing models. Tail swing excavators have a counterweight that extends beyond the width of the tracks, making them less ideal for crowded areas, but generally more powerful. Zero-tail swing models have a counterweight within the width of the track and navigate tight spaces more efficiently.
How Much Does Leasing a Bobcat Mini Excavator Cost?
The cost to lease a Bobcat mini excavator depends on the type of excavator, length of the lease, add-ons, and any additional coverage you add to the lease. What follows is a general pricing guide to provide an idea of what you can expect to pay when leasing a Bobcat mini excavator.
A 2018 Bobcat model with a retail value of $25,000 – $30,000 has an average cost of:
- Between $700 and $800 per month for a 48-month lease
- Between $900 and $1,000 per month for a 36-month lease
- Between $1,200 and $1,500 per month for a 24-month lease
- Between $2,000 and $2,500 per month for a 12-month lease
The Bobcat Advantage
The Bobcat name is essentially synonymous with construction and heavy equipment, and for good reason; the company has built a reputation as a provider of high-quality, reliable products. Bobcat boasts that its mini excavators feature the “Bobcat advantage” which includes:
- Better performance under load: Bobcat mini excavators feature a closed center valve, load-sensing hydraulics, and cushioned cylinders to provide maximum control and power, even in the most demanding of conditions.
- Complete rotation: Mini excavators from Bobcat rotate a full 360 degrees, which provides enhanced spoil placement and visibility. This also allows for less repositioning when in confined spaces.
- Simple maintenance: Bobcat includes side-access hoods and swing-open tailgates on its mini excavators to allow for simplified maintenance. With direct access to the cooling system, engine, and valve bank, servicing your excavator has never been easier.