cost and reviews.
How Much Does a Pitney Bowes Postage Meter Cost?
For more than 90 years, Pitney Bowes has built a reputation as a reliable provider of shipping products and solutions designed to improve businesses of all sizes. The company’s mailing and postal equipment and services have enhanced the communication and mailing processes of businesses all over the world.
About Pitney Bowes
Pitney Bowes was founded in 1920 by Arthur Pitney and Walter Bowes, with Arthur Pitney inventing the first commercially available postage meter. Over nearly a century, Pitney Bowes has grown into a global company, providing products and services to more than one million clients. The company is committed to helping all of its clients achieve their greatest potential, with more than 15,000 employees worldwide dedicated to providing Pitney Bowes customers with only the best in products and service.
Pitney Bowes Product Line
Pitney Bowes offers several different postage meters, making it easy to find the best one for your business. Postage meters from Pitney Bowes include:
- DM Infinity Digital Mailing System: The first high-speed digital metering solution to be approved by the USPS, the DM Infinity Series offers nearly constant printing. This series includes the DM16KR, which processes up to 16,000 mail pieces per hour, and the DM26KR, which processes up to 26,000 mail pieces per hour.
- DM400 Digital Mailing System: A combination of efficiency, simple operation, and speed, the DM400 is the perfect system for multi-user environments. It features an integrated scale that automatically weighs mail and prints the correct postage. It has a processing speed up to 120 letters per minute (LPM).
- mailstation2: Perfect for small businesses, the mailstation2 postage meter offers intuitive and simple operation. It has a built-in scale and processes up to 18 LPM.
- SendPro C-Series: Incredibly accurate yet easy to operate, the SendPro C-Series of postage meters makes sure you have the correct postage every time. Choose from the C200 (five pound integrated scale and up to 40 LPM), the C300 (10 pound integrated scale and up to 50 LPM), or the C400 (15 pound integrated scale and up to 65 LPM).
- SendPro online shipping and mailing solution: An all-in-one software application that simplifies your mailing processes. There is an individual subscription option and an office subscription, which allows access to up to 50 users.
How Much Do Pitney Bowes Postage Meters Cost?
The cost of a postage meter is dependent on the series and type of meter you choose, as well as any add-ons or extra services. What follows is a general pricing guide to provide an idea of what you can expect to pay for your Pitney Bowes postage meter. All listed postage meters have a 60-day free trial available.
- Pitney Bowes mailstation2 digital mailing system has a cost of $19.99 per month for a year-long rental and includes $100 in free postage.
- Pitney Bowes DM100 digital mailing system has a cost of $34.99 per month for a year-long rental.
- Pitney Bowes DM200 digital mailing system has an average cost of $65 per month for a year-long rental, which includes the cost of postage, refills, and supplies, during the rental period.
Be sure to ask exactly what is included in your monthly rental fees. Pitney Bowes often offers supplies to first-time customers that are included in rental costs.
In addition to the cost of renting the postage meter itself, there are associated costs to consider. While Pitney Bowes machines include some supplies (depending on the meter you rent or whether you’re a first-time customer), you need to think about the cost of replenishing supplies and equipment.
Adhesive tapes, inks, labels, and envelopes all need to be kept in stock, which means you need to make sure you purchase enough of them and stay on top of restocking. In addition, you may prefer a unit that allows you to purchase certain items, such as replacement ink, from an office supply store instead of your vendor. Also consider any add-ons you might want, such as a separate scale, selears, or staplers. These increase the efficiency of your postage meter but come at an extra cost.
Other costs that people tend to forget about are the costs of insuring the machine and the cost of property taxes on your equipment. It is a good idea to sit down and go over all of your possible costs and fees before making a final decision on your Pitney Bowes postage meter.