cost and reviews.
How Much Do Commerical Kitchen Cleaning Services Cost?
It is imperative that a commercial kitchen is always clean. Germs breed quickly in a dirty kitchen, causing health code violations, food-borne illnesses, and possibly the closure of your business. Commercial kitchen cleaning services provide the daily cleanings a kitchen needs, as well as period deep cleans throughout the year.
Commercial Kitchen Cleaning Services
Most of the time, kitchen staff handles the lighter cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping, sanitizing, and washing dishes. But heavier cleaning tasks are better left to a professional cleaning service. Cleaning companies offer a variety of services to suit a range of needs, such as:
- Deep cleaning ceilings, kitchen equipment, floors, floor mats, and walls
- Emptying grease traps
- Exhaust fan and kitchen hood cleaning
- Filter replacement
- Sanitizing countertops and sinks
- Soap and chemical dispenser refill
- Vent cleaning
Regular deep cleanings are important for your health and safety, but also because they are required by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). In addition to being able to hire a cleaning service for regular and deep cleanings, you can hire them in preparation of fire, health, and insurance inspections. The company will even provide proof of the cleaning to show you are in compliance with federal and state laws.
How Much Does a Commercial Kitchen Cleaning Service Cost?
The cost of a commercial kitchen cleaning service depends on the size of the kitchen, how dirty it is, the amount of time since your last cleaning, and the services you need. Here is a general pricing guide to give you an idea of what you can expect to pay when hiring a commercial cleaning service:
- The average cost of a kitchen cleaning service is between $50 and $150 per hour, with smaller cleaning crews generally costing less. Expect to pay between $20 and $30 per hour, per crew member.
- Some services charge additional fees for heavy-duty cleaning tasks or extra services, such as filter cleaning, which comes at an average cost of $5.
- Cleaning additional exhaust fans has an average cost between $50 and $75.
- Access panel cleaning has an average cost of $150.
- Hood cleaning has an average cost between $135 and $180 per hour.
First-time cleanings, complicated duct runs, scrape jobs, and cleanings mandated by the health department typically have higher costs.
Special Hood Cleaning Cost Considerations
There are multiple factors that contribute to the cost of hood cleaning, such as:
- Condition: If your equipment is in good condition, it generally costs less to clean. The rougher the shape it’s in, the higher the cost due to the additional work required to clean it. Any required hood maintenance increases costs.
- Hood system configuration and size: The amount of hoods in your kitchen and the size of the hoods directly affects costs. The higher the number of hoods and the larger the size, the more you pay.
- Water: The cleaning crew is going to need water to do their job properly, and if you are not willing to let them use yours, the cost of bringing in additional water comes out of your pocket. Coverings for surrounding equipment also need to be considered in the budget.
Choosing a Cleaning Service
As you look at different companies to narrow down your options, remember to think about the following:
- Credentials: You’ll want to find a cleaning service certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). The IICRC is a nonprofit organization that sets standards for cleaning, inspection, and restoration companies.
- Your needs: Decide exactly what cleaning services you want provided, where, and how often. Until you have figured this out, you can’t decide if a company truly has what you need.
- Reviews and references: Ask prospective companies for references and read through any available reviews. Check the company’s rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The best way to see how a service might work for you is to see how it has worked for others, so ask others about their experiences with a company.